Fear wears many disguises. Some of these are laziness, procrastination, excuses, perfectionism, avoidance, and self-sabotage. These all involve plenty of fear. What do some of these look like in real life?
1. You tell yourself you will start when _________ happens. Of course, it never does.
2. You tell yourself it's going to be way too much work and you don't start.
3. You may set the bar so high that you're terrified of failing, so you don't start.
4. You tell yourself it's going to be way too time consuming and you don't have that kind of time.
5. You're afraid to make mistakes and as soon as you make one or have a setback, you quit.
6. You do really well for awhile, but you're afraid of failing or being successful, so you begin to self-sabotage by overeating.
7. You're really afraid to do the things you say you'll do once you lose weight, so as you get close to realizing your goal, you overeat and begin to backslide.
8. You don't try again because you've many times before and failed, and why is this time going to be any different?
When you allow fear to run your life, you're aligned with and living your fears and not your dreams. How sad! This is your one and only life.
Do you want to live with regret about how you've surrendered to fear, and therefore hid from life?
It's your choice.
I hope you choose life!
My wish for you is to live fearlessly and fabulously! Let nothing hold you back, especially your weight. Don't let that become your excuse for an unlived life. Get out there and live large!