(1) Baker, A.A. (1975). Granny-battering. Modern Geriatrics, 5(8), 20-24.
Burston, G.R. (1975). Granny-battering. British Medical Journal, 3(5983), 592.
(1975). Why survive? Being old in America. New York: Harper & Row.
(2)US Senate Special Committee on Aging and US House Select Committee on Aging. (1980, June 11). Joint hearing on elder abuse. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office.
US Select Committee on Aging. (1981, April 3). Elder abuse (An examination of a hidden
problem) (Comm. Pub. No. 97-277). Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office.
(3) Laumann, E.O., Leitch, S.A., & Waite, L.J. (2008). Elder mistreatment in the United States: Prevalence estimates from a nationally representative study. Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences, 63B(4), S248-264.
Acierno, R., Hernandez, M.A., Amstadter, A.B., Resnick, H.S., Steve,
K., Muzzy, W., &
Kilpatrick, D.G. (2010). Prevalence and correlates of emotional, physical, sexual, and financial abuse and potential neglect in the United States: The national elder mistreatment study. American Journal of Public Health, 100(2), 292-297.
(4) Schnieder, D.C., Mosqueda, L., Falk, E, & Huba, G.J. (2010). Elder abuse forensic centers. Journal of
Elder Abuse & Neglect, 22, 255-274.
Navarro, A.E., Gassoumis, Z.D., & Wilber, K.H. (2013). Holding abusers accountable: An elder abuse forensic center increases criminal prosecution of financial exploitation. The Gerontologist, 53(2), 303-312.
(5) Blancato, R.B. (2012). History of the Elder Justice Act. Public Policy & Aging Report,
(6) Fulmer, T., Guadagno, L., Dyer, C.B., & Connolly, M.T. (2004). Progress in elder abuse screening and assessment instruments. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 52, 297-304.
Campanella, H., Gilden, G., & Mueller, M. (2013). Elder abuse screening tools in primary care: An integrative review, 2004-2011. Clinical Geriatrics,
(7) Mosqueda, L., Burnight, K., & Liao, S. (2005). The life cycle of bruises in older adults. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 53(8), 1339-1343.
Wiglesworth, A., Austin, R., Corona, M. Schneider, D., Liao, S., Gibbs, L., & Mosqueda, L. (2009). Bruising as a marker of physical elder abuse. Journal of the American Geriatrics
Society, 57(7), 1191-1196.
(8) Anetzberger, G.J. (2013). Elder abuse: Risk. In A. Jamieson & A.A. Moenssens (Eds.), Wiley Encyclopedia of Forensic Science, (2nd ed.). Chichester, UK: John Wiley.
(9) Dong, X., Simon, M., Mendes de Leon, C., Fulmer, T., Beck, T., Herbert, L….Evans, D. (2009). Elder self-neglect and abuse and mortality
risk in a community-dwelling population. Journal of the American Medical Association, 302(5), 517-526.
Baker, M.W., LaCroix, A.Z., Wu, C., Cochrane, B.B., Wallace, R., & Woods, N.F. (2009). Mortality risk associated with physical and verbal abuse in women aged 50-79. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 57(10), 1799-1809.
Friedman, L.S., Avila, S., Shah, M., Tanouye,
K., & Joseph, K. (2014). A description of cases of severe physical abuse in the elderly and 1-year mortality. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, 26, 1-11.
(10) Bonnie, R.J., & Wallace, R.B. (Eds.). Elder mistreatment: Abuse, neglect, and exploitation in an aging America (Panel to Review Risk and Prevalence of Elder Abuse and Neglect, National Research Council). Washington, DC: The National
Pillemer, K., Breckman, R., Sweeney, C.D., Brownell, P., Fulmer, T., Berman, J….Lachs, M.S. (2011). Practitioners’ views on elder mistreatment research priorities: Recommendations from a research-to-practice consensus conference. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, 23, 115-126.
Connolly, M.T., Brandl, B., & Breckman, R. (2014). The elder justice
roadmap: A stakeholder initiative to respond to an emerging health justice, financial, and social crisis. Washington, DC: US Department of Justice and US Department of Health and Human Services.