Less Than One Month Away
Keep in mind, World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is a special time of year where groups around the globe mobilize in order to promote
elder abuse awareness. Not only do we share factors that lead to mistreatment, but these occasions also serve the purpose of informing a diverse array of audiences about what needs to change so that we can prevent elder abuse from occurring in the first place!
We are less than one month away and want to see (and hear) more about what you’re up to, whether it falls weeks or days ahead of Saturday, June 15th.
Put Your Event on the Map
We know there’s more than what
everyone is letting on. We have heard from 51 creative groups about events and we want to see more! Help us turn our map purple and post more information about what you’re up to today.
How to Participate on Social Media
We have many convenient options
designed to help you actively participate in 2019 campaign efforts:
• Add a Twibbon to Twitter or Facebook! You can support the campaign by visiting http://bit.ly/WEAADTB and by simply clicking “Add to Twitter” or “Add to Facebook”. Have questions? Submit an inquiry through our WEAAD Support button located on our WEAAD microsite.
• Follow along as we promote resources, tools and headlines to engage professionals and the public during our 4-week social media countdown on Facebook and Twitter.
• Use our customizable sample social media posts (English and Spanish) to share events or content related to #WEAAD or promote the spread of elder abuse prevention (bit.ly/WEAADLUV).
• Use the hashtag #WEAAD in all of your WEAAD social media posts on Facebook and Twitter so that the nation and the world can see your commitment and planned activities.
• Download and share these fun GIFs to captivate your followers.
Have you signed up? Tune into one of our collaborative webinars the week before we celebrate WEAAD!
Submit your art to the WEAAD Virtual Art Gallery! This
project, sponsored by the Elder Justice Roadmap Steering Committee, invites people to create and submit art that provides an artistic representation of the aging process with one or all of the following themes: equality and justice, respect, empowerment, connections, engagement, community, healing, hope and happiness.
Video Lecture Series
What’s better than FREE training that you can complete in the convenience of your own office or home? Don’t forget to sign up for our online video lecture series that provides insights on how to effectively reframe the way we all talk about elder abuse with members of society. This course will be only be free until June 14,
2019, so take full advantage today! Simply enter discount code: WEAAD2018 after registering and placing the course offering in your cart.
Take advantage of our special collection of customizable Supports and Tools for Elder Abuse Prevention to educate your community about the role everyone, everyday can play in ending elder abuse; for WEAAD and beyond! Locate more information on the NCEA, or find training resources, checklists, laws and videos, as well as publications on a wide variety of subject areas.