Countdown to World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) 2021
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD), June 15th, serves as a call-to-action for individuals, organizations, and communities to bring attention to the issue of elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation. The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) is excited to share NEW & updated tools
to help you generate awareness about elder abuse, at any distance.
- Play a game of WEAAD Bingo! Want a creative way to heighten awareness about WEAAD,
signs of elder abuse, and prevention resources? Print out or save this WEAAD Bingo game board. When you have bingo, share it with the NCEA on Facebook (@NationalCenteronElderAbuse) or Twitter (@NCEAatUSC).
- Participate in the #WEAAD615 Challenge online or offline by using the shareable graphic and /or fillable PDF to:
- List 6 facts about elder abuse everyone should know
- Share 1 thing you can do to prevent elder
- Reach out to 5 people to participate in the challenge
- Spark a movement within your community by planning a WEAAD Caravan eventwhere each car displays messages or images to raise awareness of WEAAD. Don’t have promotional tools? Customize this WEAAD caravan flyer and fill out this
form to receive a free WEAAD car magnet. Please note that this offer is limited to organizations and agencies in the United States only. Due to limited supply, we will be offering magnets on a first-come, first-served
- Register your event on the WEAAD events calendar and search for virtual events you can attend, across the globe!
- Use our social media tools to promote #WEAAD with your online
- Send a global message against elder abuse by accessing and sharing various WEAAD resources available
in English, Chinese, and Spanish and elder abuse awareness factsheets in multiple languages
As we continue to physically distance, we hope these tools will inspire you to raise awareness in new ways. Please share your WEAAD successes and innovations to the NCEA, so others can replicate them!