🧪 What self-experiments I've run -
- Over the last 2+ years I've done a number of carnivore experiments:
- But there are a few more things that I'm curious to test. So I had some blood work done this week, took a "check-in" pic, and will keep you updated right here in the Saturday 7.
📨 What emailing like a boss looks like -
- It's thought that over 90% of communication isn't what you say but how you say it (tone of voice and body language). This gets lost in email. To compensate, I'm guilty of over using exclamation points and qualifiers (like "just wondering" / "just wanted to let you know") to sound more friendly and less demanding. But this isn't how a boss emails.
🔁 What feedback makes the difference -
- I'm a fantasy baseball nerd. Something about using stats and predictions to compete against peers is fun to me. But it's not all science. Lucas Giolito was a 1st round draft pick in 2012, talent through the roof, and touted as a future superstar pitcher. But pre-2019 he was a dud. Last year he was one of the worst pitchers in professional baseball. But I read about how Giolito was using neurofeedback to deal with performance anxiety. I decided to take a flier on him. And with his new mindset, he is leading the majors in wins at All Star break, and propelled my fantasy team into 1st
place. Life's a mind game.
🧠 What quote I've been thinking about -
"Just remember: this thing called 'life' is largely the stories we tell ourselves. Don't retreat into stories that don't serve you or others."
🙋♀️ What to look for in a cofounder -
- Perhaps you've heard that starting a company with someone is like getting married. I'd recommend marrying a "Greg." Sam Altman was the president of YC and has spent more time with founders than perhaps anyone. And from my much-less-experience I agree with him - you need a Greg. And if you can't find him/her - than be a "Greg."
😭 What made me laugh/cry -
- People spend a lot of time and effort at work trying to look busy. Netflix Hangouts just made it a whole lot easier. With this browser extension you can watch Netflix at work and make it look like you are on a conference call. Your Netflix show plays in the bottom right corner, while the other 3 corners are fake people on a conference call. I laugh because this is clever. I cry because the truth
behind this idea - countless people wasting their lives behind a desk, trying to look busy.
It's a pleasure and an honor getting to spend some time with you,
hope you have a great weekend!
A Saturday morning roundup on health and wealth, art and science, creativity and innovation, laughs and life by Kevin Stock