It wasn't long after I finally got serious about
'getting fit' that I bought my first Oura ring. At the time, I wanted to really fix my sleep issues, but a happy side effect was that it made me more aware of Heart Rate Variability (HRV). I always
considered my HRV on the lower side, but quickly realized that I felt my best when it was at the higher end of the range. Pretty much since this discovery, I've been experimenting with various ways of raising my HRV. This last month saw the end of my latest HRV related experiment. I'll likely publish the results of this in the next month or two and a broader post on HRV sometime after that.
I was finally able to get my 3D printer running with the latest Marlin firmware as well! I don't think I've been using it long enough to confirm if it has fixed the original issue that was requiring what seemed like a constant need to reflash the firmware. It's now running a firmware that is many years newer than what I had been using before. I'm still playing around with many of the new features, but it feels great knowing that I can keep this printer operating
at a level better than it ever has in the past. It turns out that ultimately getting this working was much easier than I thought. All I needed was to get a decent understanding of how everything fit together in the Marlin ecosystem. If you're curious what I had to change, check out my github repository.
I'll say it's due to the number one thing that I've found that negatively impacts HRV, but my latest blog post is also my answer to anyone who tries to convince me to participate in "Sober October" 😁 Check it out...