...the smoke is engulfing the United States' Mid-Atlantic Region, impacting tens of millions of Americans with some of the worst air quality in the world.
Air Quality Indices of 350-400 are affecting areas from Southeast Philadelphia, Delaware,
and the Baltimore/D.C. Metro Area. Much of the region may see dangerous conditions today through the weekend.
Here are some quick tips to help you reduce your risk:
- Keep windows and doors closed
- Limit your time outdoors, avoiding outdoor activities if possible.
- If you have to be outside, consider wearing an N95 respirator mask and take frequent breaks indoors
- Close the outdoor air damper or intake damper on your air conditioning units
- If you have an HVAC system with fresh air intake, set the system to recirculate mode
Wondering what to expect over the next few days?