Update 2: The Town Hall Meeting has been moved next door to the Village Hall from the Library. Julie Morrison wants you to register for this meeting. Members have reported that the free registration was "Sold Out", then reported back later that they tried again and had registered. Members wrote asking if they should go even if the registration is closed or isn't working. Here's
Why is it important to go?
- The meeting is being held in a public place, the seat of city government in Deerfield. Private security won't be keeping you out, like at Congressman Schneider's recent Town Hall, but there is a maximum occupancy for the meeting rooms in the building set by the Fire Marshall.
- If you want to register, by all means let Julie Morrison know you are coming. Share this with your friends.
- Can't register? Don't want to register? Get there anyway.
- Get there early, get there anyway.
Get there. Get there early, get there on time, but get there. If the parking lot fills up at the Deerfield Village Hall, there's always the Library next door, and there are lots of other parking options just a short walk from the Village Hall.
- Julie Morrison wants you to pay a fine for being a gun owner, and wants to take your fingerprints, treating you like a criminal.
- Julie Morrison wants you to pay a fine to keep the firearms that you own that she thinks are scary, or turn them in.
- Julie Morrison wants to ban all firearms private transactions, unless they go through decreasing number of newly Illinois-Licensed FFLs for a price-controlled fee that the FFLs can't function under
- Julie Morrison and the other anti-gunners really want to take all of your firearms, and think the steps above are incremental, the things they can get away with now.
- Julie Morrison's actions impact all Illinois Gun Owners, you and your friends need to share this with her.
Click here to signup for your free tickets on Eventbrite (if you want to)
ISRA sent this part out previously:
Anti-Gun State Senator Julie Morrison tried earlier this year to pass legislation to make you turn your semi-auto firearms, calling them "Assault Weapons". Well, she'd actually let you keep them, if you registered them with the Illinois State Police first, for $25 each. (SB107) And registration always leads to
Near the end-of-session, she became the Senate sponsor of SB1966 - as amended after it passed the Illinois House. This is Rep Willis' onerous "Fix the FOID" bill that ISRA sent many alerts on last month. That bill would require your fingerprints, ban person-to-person sales, unlawfully set price controls on required
fingerprinting and FFL transfer fees, and raise the price on your FOID card by at least 400%. Remember that there are court cases and lawsuits in progress that will prove the FOID fees to be an unconstitutional infringement.
While in Morrison's care, SB1966 was held in committee, so it was never called for a vote in the Illinois Senate. She has promised to work the rolls of legislators over the summer to drum up to support for this bill that we can't allow to pass.
Senator Morrison and her district freshman Representative Bob Morgan are holding a Town Hall meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday, June 11 at the
Deerfield Public Library, 920 Waukegan Road now moved to Deerfield Village Hall, 850 Waukegan Road (right next to the Library) in Deerfield. This is your opportunity to meet Julie Morrison and address her in person with your concerns. Think about being treated like a criminal for complying up to now with everything your Illinois
government has asked of you. Think about being told by hand-wringing politicians which of the firearms you already own are the ones that you get to keep. Or which ones you get to pay to keep. This meeting will be in a public place, you cannot be turned away ( or forced to register?) . You need to be there!
- Bans most semi-automatic firearms in common use, especially the ones that look scary to Senator Morrison and anti-gunners, because they have a magazine, a stock, or a barrel.
- Allows the possession of scary-looking firearms if first registered with the ISP for $25, which begs the question of why ban them in the first place?
- Blames lawful gun owners for sensationalized violence committed by prohibited persons.
- Attempts to make gun ownership a financial and procedural hardship.
- Requires fingerprints to exercise a constitutional right.
- Bans private transfers that already occur under a background check.
- Unlawfully sets price controls on FFL and fingerprint services.
Check out ISRA's website at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think!
Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today!