Urgent Action Alert - Deerfield AWB - April 2, 2018
Published: Fri, 03/30/18
ISRA Urgent Action Alert - Village of Deerfield Board Meeting, Monday April 2, 2018
URGENT ALERT -
DEERFIELD CITY COUNCIL TO VOTE ON A BAN ON SEMI-AUTO RIFLES
YOU NEED TO BE THERE TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
The Village of Deerfield has taken steps to ban semi-auto rifles calling them "dangerous and unusual" Assault Weapons, including in the ban firearm magazines that might hold more than 10 rounds. The proposed local law alludes that the ban might make people in Deerfield somehow feel safer.
On March 19, the Village Board held the first reading of this ordinance, and accepted public comment from residents and neighbors of Deerfield. The Deerfield Village Board will likely vote on this ban on April 2. You need to be there to give testimony and witness this infringement of the Second Amendment as it takes place.
Troubling to gun owners were the comments given by Deerfield residents asking for an amendment to the proposed ordinance that would allow them to keep their firearms by means of some test that would make them more special or deserving than their brothers and sisters that don't have that qualification,. such as possessing an IL CCW, or being retired law enforcement. Of course, any carve-out would divide gun owners. You need to be there on April 2 to support your fellow gun owners and give them the strength to resist pleading for an exemption for themselves.
If you really care about your guns, you need to be there at the Village Board meeting to offer testimony and voice your opposition on Monday night.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM
1. Attend the Village Board Meeting at the Deerfield Village Hall, 850 Waukegan Road, Deerfield on Monday, April 2. The meeting starts at 7:30 pm, be there early to guarantee a seat and to ensure you have a chance to be heard.
2. Be prepared to vigorously defend your 2nd Amendment Rights. Refuse to be turned away.
3. If members of the press are there, seek them out, engage them, tell them that you are a law-abiding gun owner and turning you into a criminal overnight is not a cure for society's problems.
4. Pass this alert along to all your friends and family, tell them to be at the Deerfield Village Board Meeting
5. Post this alert to any and all Internet blogs, forums, or social media sites to which you belong.
REMEMBER – GUN CONTROL IS A DISEASE AND YOU ARE THE CURE
Help the ISRA protect your rights: Recruit two members.
Check out ISRA's webite at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think!