Happy September! We hope this email finds you well. The Ganesh Festival has concluded and we opened back up for classes last week, but we were sorting out a few details on the new website (see below) and so I was waiting for that before sending out the fall newsletter catch up. Our yoga schedule for online led classes and Mysore classes in-person remain the same for the fall till December, with the exception of our weekend led class moving from Sunday to Saturday. We have
a few other class additions below, which we hope will be useful for you! Read on, please :)
Here's what's up for the fall:
- Intro to Ashtanga Yoga has now become a weekly class, taught by
Jaytaun MacMillan on Mondays at 6:30pm. Jaytaun has been practicing with me for a decade, and it one of the original Urban Yogis. He's a fabulous teacher, and his class highly recommended.
- Shereena Master, visiting from Mumbai, will continue with the Tuesday night Mobility, Strength and Yoga class, and a Kid's Yoga class on Sundays.
- Weekend led class will be on Saturday mornings at 9am instead of Sundays (because of my grad school office hours schedule for the fall semester).
- Yoga Education Collective Level 1 Pranayama Teacher Training has concluded, and the next
Level 1 course is open for registration here. Robert Moses, Harshvardhan Jhaveri and I had a wonderful time teaching the course to people from 45 countries,
and greatly look forward to the next. This course is a great way to learn in-depth about the anatomy, physiology, and philosophy of pranayama, and also become a pranayama teacher if you wish to.
- Starting at the end of the month, I'll teach a weekly, evening Pranayama class at the temple, introducing people to the techniques we teach in the teacher training, which can give you an idea about the training and
what you'll be learning to teach.
- Stay tuned for a 4-part lecture series on Yoga and Cardiovascular health starting in November with Dr. Indranill Basu Ray (and me.)
- We've taken a bunch of feedback from you about the website and tried to make things easier to navigate, which led to a whole new site on www.eddiestern.com (keep your computer volume on and auto-play sounds enabled for the full effect of the homepage sound bath, which you can hear when you scroll your mouse over the different boxes on the top of the page - only works from a computer, not a phone!)
- To enable sounds on Safari, for example: Safari
> preferences > website > autoplay > enable
- Online and In-person schedules are on different pages now, as are the online intro courses.
- The Member's Page has been updated and simplified with easier sign up and cancel options.
- I am posting one or two replay classes per week, that you can access through the JUST SO YOU KNOW box on the homepage.
- All other replays (plus most recent) can now be viewed freely on Vimeo through this link and the password is ReplayYoga — you no longer have
to be a member to view the replays.
That's all for now! The Yoga class schedule will remain as is from now till December. If you have any problems with the website, please let me know, and we will work to sort them out.
Eddie and Jocelyne
PS Stay tuned for our t-shirt, sweatshirt, and dress shirt drops later next week!