Tips and Reminders for Corporate Clubs
March 18, 2022
Semi-Annual Membership Renewals
Due by March 31, 2022
Less than two weeks left to submit your Toastmasters semi-annual membership payments. March 31st is almost here and any club officer can go to Club Central, click on Submit Payment to enter your $45 member payments by credit/debit
card for the period from April 1, 2022 to September 30, 2022. https://www.toastmasters.org/footer/faq/Renewal%20Dues
Tips For Promoting Your Club
(Within Company Parameters)
- If flyers can’t be handed out or posted, determine if there’s an internal communications tool, create a SharePoint or use a similar platform that is accessible by everyone in the company to announce meetings and special events.
- Word of Mouth is highly effective. Wear an ‘Ask Me About Toastmasters’ button if allowed and invite co-workers to a meeting.
- Set up a Toastmasters table at volunteer events or other group fairs.
- Invite HR or Training & Development leaders to a meeting as a guest or speaker.
- Celebrate your club’s anniversary and invite HR, Training & Development, department managers and supervisors to a meeting and demonstrate what a Toastmasters meeting is all about.
- Reach out to department Admins to email meeting notices or invitations to an open house.
- Invite Supervisors or Mangers for the presentation of a Level award achievement certificate to a member. Or email them with the announcement of the member’s achievement.
- Develop a budget if the company provides an allocation for the club.
Participate in the Rise Up to Club Events Campaign
Hold special club events before June 1, 2022, such as an open house, a club anniversary or other event and be eligible for a Toastmasters gift prize pack worth about $100.
The first 20 clubs that submit to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1, 2022 will be eligible for a gift pack.
Requirements if your club meets:
Weekly – Hold 6 open house events
Bi-monthly – Hold 3 open house events
Monthly – Hold 2 open house events
Other Requirements - Corporate Clubs must (submit a minimum of 3):
1. Send an event flyer
2. Copy of email invite with attached mailing list (or the number invited to protect privacy)
3. Send screenshot or copy of event announcement on company site or newsletter
4. Copy of event Agenda
5. Other (if applicable)
Pay It Forward: March, May, and June
This is the perfect time to visit and meet with other corporate or community clubs. Get new ideas. Participate in the Pay It Forward program March, May and June.
Go to https://aztoastmasters.org/pay-it-forward/
1) Find another corporate club on the list
2) Contact the club and attend their meeting
3) Complete the reporting form
4) Become eligible for selected prizes
Each of the campaign months (March, May, June), two (2) Toastmasters who visit the most clubs will be recognized with a gift valued at about $25 from a list of selected prizes. Two (2) clubs that send the most members to visit
other clubs will be recognized with a gift valued at about $50 from a list of selected prizes.
What Does ‘IN GOOD STANDING’ Mean
Members – To stay in good standing, their semi-annual payment of $45 must be paid on-time by March 31 for April 1.
Clubs – To remain in good standing, the club must have a minimum of eight paid members with at least three of whom are renewing with their semi-annual membership payment by March 31
for April 1.
Policy 2.0: Club and Membership Eligibility
(Club dues are separate and remains at the club)
Here’s a tip – If membership payments are slow to come in and the deadline is approaching, focus on renewing the club with the required eight
paid members before the deadline April 1. While the goal is to submit all club member payments by the deadline, in the corporate environment, it often takes longer than expected to process member payments and for club officers to receive payments and submit through Club Central. Secure the eight paid memberships and continue submitting the rest of the $45 membership payments before the next renewal period.
Reasons to Stay in Good Standing
Base Camp access: Members must remain in good standing to maintain access to Base
Camp for their Pathways education program, by submitting their dues payment on or before March 31/September 30.
Partial DCP Goal 10: Renew the club (March 31 for April 1 period/September 30 for
October 1 period)
Competing in contests: To compete in speech contests members must be in Good Standing along with their club through each level of speech contest competition.
Eligibility to vote: Clubs not in good standing are ineligible to cast a vote at
District Council Meetings and the Annual Business Meeting and are not included in quorum.
The next District Council Meeting is Tuesday, May 17, 2022
To be counted, your club must be in good standing for your President and Vice President of Education to have the credentials to cast a vote at the meeting.
Watch for future Corporate Club Newsletters
Your 2021-2022 District Leadership Trio
District Director David Hopper, DTM
Program Quality Director Karen Hewitt, DTM
Club Growth Director DJ Reed, DTM
Join: Facebook members group
Listen: Grand Canyon Echoes podcast
Copyright © 2020 Toastmasters International - District 3, Arizona
All rights reserved