Announcements for Club Officers
May 4, 2022
TOASTMASTERS.ORG SITE LAUNCH OF THE NEW ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING (ERP) PLATFORM WILL BE DELAYED BY TWO WEEKS, UNTIL MAY 23, 2022.
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE:
- Now – May 17: Club Central is unavailable for submitting education awards, however awards may still be submitted to World Headquarters by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org until May
17. Education awards will not be processed between May 18 and May 22. Processing will resume in Club Central beginning May 23.
- Now – May 22:
- Toastmasters Online Store is unavailable and product orders cannot be accepted. Store reopens May 23.
- Path purchases including first paths for new members are not available until May 23.
- Membership applications and payments cannot be processed. Processing will resume May 23.
- May 18 – May 22:
- Website login access will be unavailable. This includes District Central, Club Central, My Profile, Base Camp and Speechcraft Gateway. Access will resume May 23.
- You will not be able to access your club’s Addendum of Standard Club Options (Addendum) in Club Central. If you miss downloading the previous version before May 18, any club officer will be able to download the previous version of your club’s Addendum beginning May 23 to input into
the new version.
- May 21 – May 22: The website toastmasters.org will be down.
- On May 23, 2022: All functions of the website are expected to resume.
Virtual District Council Meeting Tuesday, May 17, 5PM
Club Presidents, Vice Presidents of Education, and members of the District Executive Committee received a notice on April 27, 2022 with information about the May 17, 2022 Virtual District Council Meeting. May 17 is your opportunity to have a voice in
selecting the leadership teams for District 3. Since this is a virtual meeting, proxies will NOT be allowed and voting officers must be present for the live online voting. Please mark your calendars now to attend the Virtual Council Meeting on May 17 and ensure the necessary quorum is reached. For more information on how to vote, look for an email from the Credentials team on May 3 containing the instructions on how to
register with ElectionBuddy for the live vote and how to access the ElectionBuddy voting platform during the Council Meeting.
Important Dates for District 3
For details on the following events, refer to the District 3 News (May 2) and the District 3 website aztoastmasters.org:
- Saturday, May 14, 2022 (10 am to 2 pm) LIVE Candidates Corner
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022 (5 pm - 7 pm) Virtual District Council Meeting
- District 3 Conference May 20-21, 2022
- Member and Club incentives end June 1, 2022
- Beat the Clock May 1 to June 30, 2022
- OTMOTY, OADOTY, ODvDOTY nominations due by July 1, 2022
Area Director Forum – June 4th and June 18th
Area Director Forum – June 4th (9 am to 10:15 am) and June 18th (9 am to 10:15 am)
SLEEK Toastmasters will present a panel of current and former Area Directors who will speak about their experiences, expectations, time commitments and rewards of being an Area Director.
Following the panel and Q&A, the 2022-2023 Trio and Division Directors will be on hand to interview candidates. If you have any questions, please contact Bettie Covington at email@example.com, 602-317-2100.
Do You Know Where Your Guests Are Coming From?
Ask every guest that visits your club – “Where did you hear about Toastmasters?”
WHY ask the question:
1. Conversation starter
2. Find out where to look for new members when you’re promoting an Open House
3. Learn where to focus your club communication
a. Outbound: Email, social media, free community paper, Word-of-Mouth
b. Inbound: Club website, club social media, Find A Club referrals
The next time you respond to an inquiry forwarded from firstname.lastname@example.org or FIND A CLUB, remember to respond and BCC: email@example.com (NOT CC) on your timely email response to your guest.
The first 35 clubs will receive $30 in Toastmasters International gift certificates!
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to club officers: please also read the May 2 News for All Members as the information is not duplicated here. This newsletter provides you with information for your role and club.
Your 2021-2022 District Leadership Trio
District Director David Hopper, DTM
Program Quality Director Karen Hewitt, DTM
Club Growth Director DJ Reed, DTM
Join: Facebook members group
Listen: Grand Canyon Echoes podcast
Copyright © 2020 Toastmasters International - District 3, Arizona
All rights reserved