NEBDHub and NSDC members can submit a research manuscript in the CFM with the article processing charge
(APC) waived. The NEBDHub and NSDC represent a global community of over 7,000 members enabling data science education, collaboration and innovations in health, urban to rural communities and responsible data science including security, privacy and ethics. All are welcome to join. Click here to sign up for the NEBDHub and/or NSDC Newsletter to become a member of the community or go to https://bit.ly/HubNewsSignup.
Target Participants This call for manuscripts invites scholars, graduate students, post docs, researchers and professors who are members of the NEBDHub or NSDC to develop and submit a manuscript addressing the opportunities and challenges in telehealth and medicine which may be addressed by leveraging
digital health innovations and data science tools and techniques. Submitted manuscripts are expected to provide new conceptual, theoretical, and practical insights based on empirical data emerging from recent market or research activities.
Research Topics NEBDHub and NSDC members may submit research manuscripts which focus on, but are not
limited to, the leverage of digital health, health IT and data science innovations including various data science tools and techniques, for telehealth and medicine. Manuscripts could also report on failed experiments which may provide learnings to fuel new approaches.
Manuscript topics may include the following topics and others in the telehealth and medicine domain:
• Smart Technologies including health IT to enhance healthcare, education and training experiences • Artificial Intelligence and
Machine Learning (AI/ML) approaches for healthcare and predictive analysis • Leverage of data and data science to enable precision medicine • Gathering of data in telehealth scenarios to inform healthcare approaches including precision healthcare • Addressing the TIPPSS challenges in connected healthcare for data,
devices and humans – Trust, Identity, Privacy, Protection, Safety and Security • Opportunities in the Metaverse such as:
• Patient-generated health data and wearable device usefulness • Information governance & data protection • Patient and provider digital literacy tools, apps and language translation • Provider-to-provider experiences • Reducing health system costs while increasing access to care • Senior and home care transition, intervention, recovery strategies & outcomes • Remote patient monitoring for chronic conditions, communication and counseling • Smart Home Care Recovery and Long Term and Post-Acute Care (LTPAC)
Telehealth scenarios including but not limited to:
• Acute care/ICU care • Maternal and child health • Urgent and primary care • Pediatrics chronic and serious conditions • Mental and physical health •
Teledermatology • Telementoring • Precision care
Preventative care opportunities including but not limited to:
• Patient portals and personal health
apps • UX design, consumer loyalty & retention strategies for telehealth
Longitudinal healthcare opportunities including but not limited to:
• Meeting and exceeding the quadruple aim of enhancing patient experience, improving
population health, reducing costs, and improving the work life of health care providers. • Patient centricity approaches • Physician and nurse centricity approaches • Influencing the provider-patient relationship and consumer experiences • Measuring clinical outcomes, satisfaction,
equity, and cost • National infrastructure, regulation, rural care access and treatment • Frameworks redefining traditional roles of collaboration and reimbursement • Workforce crisis models including doctors, nurses and allied health • Workflow success, failure and lessons
learned • Interoperability • Meeting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Market Trends • New Business & Market Models • Negative Research
Results and Failed Market Initiatives
Key Dates This call for manuscripts will be open through December 2023 with rolling submissions.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the NEBDHub or the NSDC, please sign up for the NEBDHub and/or NSDC Newsletter here: https://bit.ly/HubNewsSignup.
How to Participate Authors must follow guidelines published
on the Telehealth and Medicine Today (THMT) Submission Portal. Note: Please add you are a participating member of the Northeast Big Data Innovation Hub (NEBDHub) and/or the National Student
Data Corps (NSDC) in your cover letter.