It’s the Holiday Season – Eat, drink, and be merry – to a point! It’s the time of the season where families get together, and now more than ever, after all we’ve been through, enjoy each other’s company. We share meals, exchange gifts, and often drink and toast to the season. If you’re drinking be very careful of driving, not only for your
health and safety but the health and safety of all those around you. You already know that if you have been convicted of three (3) DUI’s in the past the penalties for a fourth and subsequent offense is now a felony under Pennsylvania law.
If you are convicted of a felony of the 3rd degree, you are facing from 1 to 7 years in prison and up to $15,000 in fines. In addition to that, your license will be suspended for eighteen months, and you will have to have an ignition interlock installed on your vehicle at additional charges.
The punishment does not end there. Because this is a felony there are a host of other consequences you will face as a result of being a convicted felon:
- Your car insurance rates will be extremely high if you are even able to get insurance!
- You will not be able to own a firearm!
- You lose eligibility for student loans!
- If you hold a professional license, it may be suspended for 10 years!
- As a convicted felon your crimes will show up on a criminal background check making it very difficult for you to get a job!
We at Davis & Davis have been helping people with their problems both civil and criminal since 1976 and if you find yourself in need of legal services don’t hesitate to contact us, however an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure – be careful out there. Don’t drink and drive!