Great Shift Blogs #27
On Balancing Feminine and Masculine
October 16, 2016
Dear fellow travelers,
On this day of equinoctial balance [this Blog was first posted on Facebook on September 22], when the length of the day and night are equal, I'd like to offer some observations on the balancing of feminine and masculine energies in the context of the Great Shift and at the personal level.
The Great Shift as a Balancing of Feminine and Masculine Energies. Perhaps the two most important processes that have been underway in the last few hundred years in support of the Great Shift has been the gradual, but now rapidly accelerating, empowerment of women and weakening of the societal strictures of patriarchal domination. These twin processes serve to shift the huge imbalance that the rise of patriarchal domination of women around 5,000 years ago created. Though
humanity collectively appears to still be a long way from returning to a balance of feminine and masculine energies, my sense is that the energetic shift that took place at the end of 2012 removed support for the continuation of patriarchal institutions and barriers to the empowerment of women. The speed of the continuing shift toward a place of balance will be determined by the speed with which women and men are able to consciously balance masculine and feminine energies
Balancing Feminine and Masculine Energies Within. To women who may read this blog, I do not presume to offer you advice on this subject. I honor the challenges you accepted by incarnating on Earth at this time as a woman. I offer women I know encouragement and support as I am able while walking side-by-side with them on the journey.
Actually I don't presume to offer advice to anyone, offering my perspective based on observation and experience for those who may find some of it helpful on their journeys. In this spirit I offer some lessons I have learned and challenges that I experienced in the process of balancing feminine and masculine energies within myself, with two caveats: 1) my experience they may be more relevant to Old Souls with extensive incarnational experience on Earth, and 2) I
continue to be a work in progress in balancing male and female energies within myself.
- I was fortunate in this lifetime to get through childhood with a strong sense of self, however as I entered more deeply into healing the hurts of many lifetimes I found a deeply buried sense of unworthiness that contributed to unconscious behaviors as a male that were hurtful to women I loved. Lesson: Masculine self-confidence
may mask deep wounds that require healing to bring masculine and feminine energies into balance.
- Although I didn't recognize it until after my spiritual awakening in 2002, I am now grateful that feeling and expressing emotions and tears were relatively easier for me than for most males I knew. Lesson: learning to acknowledge and express emotions more freely, for me, has probably done more to bring the
male-female polarity into balance than anything else.
- Shifting from thinking in my head rather than through my heart was probably the biggest single challenge I experienced in bringing my feminine side into greater balance with my masculine side. See also Great Shift Blog #25 (On Mind and Heart Intelligence): See FB posting or Blog Archive #22-25.
- I have known for a long time that men generally find it difficult to separate physical intimacy and sexual energy, whereas women generally enjoy physical intimacy without sexual energy as well. It is only relatively recently that what I "knew" sank in to the point where I realized that it was time for me to also learn how to enjoy physical intimacy more fully without sexual energy. The quality of my life has improved as a result.
- The two areas where I am still very much a work in progress in bringing myself into energetic balance are being present and really listening when my wife of 43 years speaks to me, and letting go of habits that do nothing to enhance my own quality life, and would enhance my wife's quality of life if I changed them.
In the meantime, friends, the shift is happening. Hang in there. Stay grounded.
Blessings, Love and Light,