Islamic Funeral and Death Rites Course
Death is a very painful and emotional time, yet one that may be filled with hope and mercy. Muslims believe that death is a departure from the life of this world, but not the end of a person's existence. Rather, eternal life is to come, and we pray for Allah's mercy to be with the departed, in hopes that they may find peace and happiness in the next to come.
That is for the person who will face death. But how about the family or relatives? It's very easy to say stay calm and be strong but without the proper knowledge and guidance many times that will not be the case. In some instances, family members break down and make irrational decisions which may cause more problems.
If this situation arises in your family, would you know what to do?
This course will cover the basics of the different cases/situations that will arise in such situations.
is a 2-day course, which consists of theory and practical.
Topics that are covered:
1. Steps to take when death in the family happens.
2. Calling the police or doctor first?
3. Death by accident. How to react?
4. Death overseas. What is required or not required? Bury overseas or bring back to Singapore?
5. Malay Customs: The kain batik lepas. Is it necessary?
These topics (and more) will be discussed in detail during the course.
1. Bathing the deceased
2. The correct
way of shrouding the deceased
3. Doas to recite
4. Talqin. Is this compulsory? ...and more