[TaoColorist] Sunday Morning Reading (Sneak Peek)
Published: Sun, 11/13/11
Trouble reading this newsletter? Click here to read it online.
The Tao Colorist
for professional Video / Film Colorists & Finishers. Delivered Sunday.
Issue LXX Brought to you by: Tao of Color.com
Editor's Note: As I write this it's Saturday Night, 12:40am. I've just finished uploading a new Lesson for my Resolve 8 training that's taken 2 days too long to produce (technical issues). There's no way I can do a decent job on a Newsletter tonight. Instead - I'll give to you that which got in the way of this Newsletter being completed this week. . . Enjoy! You'll see a full Newsletter next week.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Flanders Scientific Broadcast Monitors
The LM-2461W is an affordable 24" color critical reference monitor featuring 10bit color depth, 3G/HD/SD-SDI Inputs, 12 onboard scopes, and DCI P3 support. All standard and all for just $4,995.
Learn More About the LM-2461W
Behind the Tao of Color Curtain
As regular readers know - I'm deep into creating training for DaVinci Resolve 8. This week, since I can't get an issue of the Tao Colorist newsletter out of my digital door - I've decided to invite you in!
Below are two complete Lessons from the Tao of Color DaVinci Resolve 8 MasterClass. The first Lesson is the one I just uploaded about an hour ago. I've also decided to also give you second Lesson.
Because these two Lessons cover some of the most confusing aspects of DaVinci Resolve.
The video download links will only be active for one week. If you share the links, please link to the Lesson page and not directly to the videos. Thanks!
- DaVinci Resolve 8: Specialty Nodes - This 35 minute Lesson looks beyond the work-a-day Serial Node and explains the three nodes you may not use very often... but are essential tools in the Resolve arsenal: the Parallel Node, the Layer Mixer Node, the Key Mixer Node. And if you're using DaVinci Resolve Lite - these nodes are three reasons to upgrade to the paid version. (TaoOfColor.com)
- DaVinci Resolve 8: Versions, Sessions, and the Media Pool - This 32 minute Lesson ties three discrete DaVinci Resolve concepts and demonstrates how the Whole is greater than the Sum of its Parts. Specifically, this lesson shows how these concepts 'magically' work together to allow us to automatically inherit grades for the same shot in one timeline into another timeline. And, when necessary, how to disable that feature. (TaoOfColor.com)
|JL Cooper Eclipse||Avid Artist Color||Tangent Wave|
Color Plug-in: v 1.0.5
|Updated: October 20||Updated: Jan. 28(ish)|
- [Video] The Hobbit: 3D - Peter Jackson explains how they're using 2 Red Epics to film this prequel in 3D. Interesting comments about how the RED camera sucks out color and they've over-saturated the physical set and make-up. Plus hand-drawn concept art in 3D. (FStoppers.com via Dylan Haley)
- Resolve 8: Roundtripping and Flashy Looks - From the recent Boston Supermeet. Alexis Van Hurkman does a nice demo showing the different options of getting into and out of DaVinci Resolve. He also shows some quick techniques for creating quick diffusion and glow effects using Resolve 8.1's new Transfer Modes. (YouTube.com)
- Autodesk Smoke Training Series - Over the past few months I've posted the various training videos for the high-end finishing tool, Smoke. They've now posted all the videos in this series on a single page. If you're taking advantage of the the free trial then you need to be watching these. (area.autodesk.com)
- THX: Wide Gamut Workflows (NYC) - If you're in NYC this week on November 17, then head up to Columbia University for this FREE presentation on the transition to Wide Gamut pipelines and image evaluation. (Eventbrite.com)
- THX: Color Management Education (NYC) - Thursday and Friday this week, THX is holding a professional color management class at Abel Cine. They'll be teaching display profiling, building LUTs, and implementing color management practices. (THX.com)
Resolve 8: Twenty+ hours of video Beyond the interface training
MasterClass: DaVinci Resolve 8
Early Bird Discount Ends This Month!
A Unique Color Grading Training and Mentoring System
DaVinci Resolve 8 | Colorista II | Apple Color | FCP 7
Sunday Morning Fun(nies)
- [Video] Knives, Made By Hand - An excellent mini-bio of a Brooklyn writer-turned-knife-maker. He discusses the road from Competence to Mastery to Artistry and his attempt to find meaning in his work. A really great Sunday Morning watch. (Kottke.org)
Th- Th- That's ALL Folks! See you next week. Happy Grading!
1,750+ Stories Now Shared!
FCC Disclaimer: Links in this email to Amazon.com, B&H Photo, or ToolFarm.com are Affiliate links that help support the TaoOfColor.com. FSI is a paid sponsor and BlackMagic Design is a current client. We thank you for your support.
|Training | Colorist Interviews | Tao Colorist Blog | About The Tao||Unsubscribe to this newsletter|