I am a winner at the Southern California Journalism Awards
July NEWS: Winner at the Award Ceremony
I won second place for my print column at the Jewish Journal for the Southern California Journalism Awards! There were 1200 entries for the 59th annual awards and I was a finalist in two categories.
Where did I travel recently?
with JetSuiteX for a one day adventure to Napa! EpicMakers edited the video for me and will be a sponsor for my brand new TRAVEL PHOTO AWARD that begins August 1st!
I was invited to the opening of the Lake Club at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe and to conquer my fear of mountain biking! I am so proud of myself. Of all my 50 things before I am 50 so far, this was by far and away the scariest one. I still cannot believe I did it!
And now for something new: I was honored to be asked
to be a Facebook Live host for USA Today 10best's new project. I was "live" in Tahoe from the brand new Lake Club at The Ritz-Carlton,
Lake Tahoe and at the Culver City Centennial Food and Wine Festival.
I still cannot believe I went Mountain Biking at Northstar, Lake Tahoe!
Lisa is a Travel Expert:
- Inquisitr Interview: "WE SAID GO TRAVEL’S LISA NIVER ON BUILDING A TOP TRAVEL WEBSITE, SEEING THE WORLD, AND PACKING EFFICIENTLY"
- MSN article: "Travel: The not-so-good ideas:" What did I say:
“People believe it saves them money to avoid a travel agent when the opposite is true,” explains Lisa Niver of We Said Go Travel. Booking a trip through a travel agency means better rates
on hotels, plane upgrades, and avoiding pesky visa issues. Most of us go to a salon when we want a good haircut – “Don’t you think a professional could put a polish on your holiday too?” asks Niver.
- Budgeting for International Travel: read all the way to the end to find me: "Lisa Niver from We Said Go Travel recommends, "Budgeting for your activities. I love to go SCUBA diving and renting the gear plus boat fees can be expensive, but for me the cost is well worth it. When I travel, I want to see the underwater creatures. I would rather stay in a cheaper place and
spend more on my excursions.”
- Travel Classics Conference has two of my Ireland video's on their home page: Welcome to Travel Classics and Why is George Stone in Kilkenny, Ireland?"
- Tourism Ireland has my Travel Classics video on their page!
Where can you find my 745+ travel videos?
Here are links to my video channels on YouTube, Amazon Fire Tv, Amazon Short Video and Roku Player. I hope you enjoy my “This is What it is Like” Episodes!
Travel Writing Award:
Thank you to everyone who has participated in our We Said Go Travel Competitions! Find the winners for the 2017 Inspiration Award here. We are publishing the entries from the 2017 Summer Independence Award. The Fall Gratitude Writing Award will open Sept 11 and close on Thanksgiving.
Travel Photo Award:
Our first ever Travel Photo Award opens August 1st! Thank you to our judges, Gary Arndt from Everything Everywhere and Jeana from
Surf and Sunshine. Enter here
As my fortune cookies said: “Kindness leads to happiness.” and
“Your dreams will come true when you least expect it.” Thank you for years of support, kindness and sharing your hope with me that I could really make my dreams come true! If you have suggestions for my country #100, let me know!
Marcie and Lisa are ready to go Mountain Biking for the VERY FIRST TIME!
My YouTube channel is at
views! Across all my video platforms =
Thank you for watching my WSGT YouTube channel! Enjoy movies from
all over our planet including Viking River Cruises, Israel, Hamburg, Los Angeles, Bogota, St Kitts, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Palau, Guam, Hawaii, India as well as Bali and Lombok Indonesia, Southern Thailand, Myanmar (Burma), and Nepal. To find all 680+ Videos:
click here for the WSGT YouTube Channel. I am over 2400 followers on Pinterest, and over
1400 subscribers on YouTube!
See the videos!