We have two exciting events coming up, one in August, and one tonight, Wednesday, July 20th!
For August, we'll have our first in-person introduction to Ashtanga Yoga course, taught by Paloma Tamayo, who has been leading the intro courses online for the past year.
This course will meet Mondays and Thursdays from August 1st to 25th, 6:30pm-7:30pm. It will be in-person only and limited to 15 people (the online intro courses in the morning will continue as usual.)
Paloma is a highly experienced Ashtanga Yoga student and teacher. This will be her first visit to teach in NYC, and we are thrilled to have her here for the month of August to do in-person classes.
Over the course of this month-long introduction to Ashtanga Yoga, you will learn:
1. The introductory sequences of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series
2. Clear explanations of the technique used to link asanas with breath, called vinyasa
3. Personalized attention to your developing practice
4. An understanding of how to incrementally build a sustainable yet challenging yoga practice
5. Tips on breathing and meditation
6. Explorations of the various limbs of yoga, including diet and sleep habits
7. Time for questions and answers
8. Weekly handouts with lesson recaps
Ashtanga Yoga is a dynamic and energizing form of yoga, and can be adapted to all different ages, body types, and health needs. If you have any questions about whether or not this introductory course is right for you, please respond to this email and we will get right back to